The LFC United Summer Soccer Series presents:
LFC Keeper Clashes
Keeper Clashes is a tournament designed for goal keepers and athletic field players to compete and test their skills against one another in a small goalkeeper field space, using goalkeeper rules.
Tournament set up:
# 1 v 1 competition.
# Five minutes per game.
# 3 games guaranteed.
# The most points after the 3 games will determine the finalists.
# Finalists for each division will receive medals.
# The Tournament is open to both male and female contestants U9 thru U18.
# All finalists of each age division receive a medal.
# Score goals by ground kicks, drop kicks, punts and throws!
# Saves don't score you points but they bring you glory!!
AGE GROUPS: (boys and girls)
U9 - U10
U11 - U12
U13 - U14
U15 - U18
Date and Times:
This tournament will be held on Saturday, July 9th from 9:00am - 2:00pm
Register your player today for this exciting tournament!
Registration ends June 26th, 2022
Cost is $75 per player
A Keeper Clashes field is 20 - 30 yards long by 10 - 20 yards wide (depending on the player’s age) and uses age appropriate full size goals. The field is divided into two halves by a halfway line.
Start of Play:
- A coin toss will determine who picks one of the two goals or the ball to start.
- The keeper who starts with the ball must 1st play within 6 yards of the goal line.
- Distribution is the method by which goals are scored. A player may distribute the ball in any of the following ways: throwing, punting, rolling, kicking, drop kicking.
- A player may only distribute the ball once during their possession. A player must distribute the ball within 6 seconds of taking possession.
- A goal is scored when the whole of the ball goes in the goal and passes over the goal line, provided that no infringement of the Rules has been committed.
- The player scoring the most goals during the match is the winner.
The Ball/Match Play:
- Only one ball is permitted on the field of play during a match.
- After each goal scored or anytime the ball goes out of play, a goalkeeper will grab another ball and start play again.
- If a successful save is made, play continues without hesitation or pause.
- Any issues or protests will need to be made to the tournament director within 30 minutes of the issue or protest. All decisions made, by the tournament director, are final.
- Tournament format will be decided on by the number of players attending.
Rules of Engagement:
- If a goal is scored, the ball is retrieved from the goal and play starts from that end of the field.
- A ball that has deflected off the opposing player's post, crossbar or the keeper themselves and returns to the keeper who originally distributed the ball, that keeper continues play from that position. *Just to clarify, only the goalkeeper whose half of play the ball is in, has rights to the ball.
- If a keeper catches the ball cleanly, he/she will play from that position.
- The goalkeeper must put the ball back in play within 6 seconds of receiving the ball and has unlimited steps within his or her half of the field of play.
- Balls that go out of bounds, off a post and out of bounds, deflected balls out of play from a keeper touch, or any other form, play is resumed from the goalkeeper whose side the ball went out on.
- A goalkeeper is not allowed in the opposing players half of the field. If they are called for crossing the midfield line, no goal is counted and possession is given to the opposing keeper.
- FINALS: In the event of a tie in the Finals, the tie will be broken with a one minute (1:00) golden goal overtime period.
- If the score remains tied after the overtime period, penalty kicks will decide the winner until one shooter has an advantage. One penalty kick round will consist of each shooter attempting a goal with a shot placed on the ground at the center line. Typical penalty kick rules apply. Rounds will continue until there is an advantage at the end of any round.